Notice: Undefined variable: is_active in /home/forge/ on line 1432

Notice: Undefined variable: is_active in /home/forge/ on line 1432

Notice: Function add_theme_support( 'html5' ) was called incorrectly. You need to pass an array of types. Please see Debugging in WordPress for more information. (This message was added in version 3.6.1.) in /home/forge/ on line 5831
Frequently Asked Questions |

Frequently Asked Questions

Answers to all of your concerns about studying abroad


EDMUNDO officially represents international universities in Romania and Greece and is thus sponsored by the partner universities for promotion and recruitment activities in order to be able to conduct its services free of charge and to offer everyone access to information about international study opportunities. Moreover, counsellors are remunerated the same irrespective of the students’ choices, therefore being unbiased towards their decision.

Yes, you can benefit from our counselling services even if you are not based in one of the cities where we have offices. In fact, with most of our applicants we have Skype meetings and we communicate via phone and email. We are also very active on our social media pages and we organize informative online presentations.

Yes, EDMUNDO offers free counselling for the entire admission process to all partner universities from providing information on educational systems, entry requirements and selection criteria, guidance in choosing the appropriate university/ies, support in completing application files and sending successful applications, information on tuition fees, living costs and what student funding you can apply for and how. In a nutshell, a dedicated professional will be with you throughout the entire process of becoming an international student.

No, EDMUNDO does not offer counselling for admission to PhD programmes as indepth research proposals need to be submitted directly to institutions with specialized academic staff in the chosen field.

Universities are classified in international or national rankings that take into account manifold criteria such as student satisfaction, employability rates, quality of research, facilities, satisfaction with teaching, professor to student ratio etc. Instead of checking the general rankings to see which the best universities are overall, you should also look how the university scores for the field of study that you are interested in. Ask an EDMUNDO Counsellor to inform you which the most comprehensive and reliable rankings are so that you can decide which are the best universities for your selection criteria.t

All EDMUNDO partner universities are accredited by the competent government-appointed agency and are in full compliance with the Bologna regulations, which Romania and Greece also adhere to as members of the EHEA.

We started in 2007 with 22 partner universities and now we boast more than 160 partner universities and counting, for which students can benefit from free counselling. We make continuous efforts towards enlarging our portfolio in order to be able to offer students more and more options for which they can receive free professional counselling.

Yes, your EDMUNDO counsellor will be with you even after you have been admitted to the chosen university or universities with informing you about all the next steps that you need to take in order to become an international stuent, from student funding to tips on accommodation and from enrollment requirements to putting you in contact with other students from the chosen university.

EDMUNDO offers free counselling for admission to foundation, bachelor, top-up and master programmes in international partner universities from the UK, the Netherlands, Denmark, Sweden, Belgium, Italy, Spain, USA and others. The complete list of partner universities can be viewed here:

EDMUNDO does not offer counselling for general medicine, with the exception of English-taught medicine programmes at Italian universities. Alternatively, we can also help you apply to health-related fields such as Biomedical sciences, Biotechnology, Nursing, Physiotherapy or even Graduate Entry Medicine.

We offer counselling for the English-taught programmes in all of the universities that we represent, as well as for the Italian-taught courses at the University of Padova and Università Cattolica del Sacro Cuore.

Yes and we encourage you to invite them to our meetings so that they are also informed about your decision and about all future steps.

You can always also apply to other universities as well, but we will not be able to provide you with personalized assistance for other than the universities that we legally represent. If you require counselling for the universities that we do not represent, you can benefit from our worldwide counselling service upon charge:
We do help our applicants understand the specifics, demands, curricula and career prospects of different fields of study, but we do not offer specialized vocational counselling. However, our close partners ORIENTUM and Opțiuni de Carieră are specialized and highly experienced in career counselling services:

Application process

For the vast majority of international universities, the application is done entirely online. However, governmental loan applications and sometimes enrollment documents are submitted in hard copies and your EDMUNDO Counsellor will keep you informed regarding the required format and sending procedure of all your documents.

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Ut elit tellus, luctus nec ullamcorper mattis, pulvinar dapibus leo.

Yes, you can apply without your final diploma but you will need your Grades Transcript and other application documents that your EDMUNDO Counsellor will inform you about.

Application deadlines greatly vary from country to country and even from study programme to study programmes. It is never too early to start preparing by researching your options, brushing up your English and participating in extra-curricular activities. Once the applications are open you should apply as soon as posible to maximize your chances of being accepted and not miss any deadline. Please contact us to make sure that you will have everything on time.

Your personal statement should first and foremost reflect your motivation for studying in the chosen field of studies, while also connecting your interests, activities, results, experiences to your future academic and professional plans. Ask your EDMUNDO Counsellor for the guide that will help you structure your first draft and send it for feedback on how you could improve it.

The required documents generally vary depending on study destination, university and even chosen programme, but usually you will be asked for a personal statement, one or two reference(s), the grades transcripts, a CV, ID copy and if you already obtained your final diploma and an English certificate. Your counsellor will explain to you the format of each document as well as give you feedback on them and you can also read more about the application process and requirements in this article:
Most universities do not require an admissions interview, but for some universities it is part of the selection process. Your EDMUNDO counsellor will inform you of the selection criteria and you can read more about how to prepare for an interview in this article:

Most universities do not charge application fees but there are exceptions, for example the general application platform for UK universities, UCAS, charges a 25-pound administrative fee. Your EDMUNDO counsellor will inform you in advance in case the universities you are interested in charge an application fee.

You have no binding obligations until you actually enrol as a student, when depending on country of studies tuition fees will be charged starting from the first semester.

You should start preparing well in advance by gathering information and evaluating your options, by brushing up your English, by improving your grades and by participating in extra-curricular activities. You can read more about incresing your admission chances in this article:
Yes, many international universities offer bachelor and master courses that also start in January, so that for example in case you already obtained your diploma you don’t need to wait until September and can thus save a semester. Read more about January intake in this article:

Being a student aboard

In international universities students have the opportunity to work part time (and full-time during summer holidays) while being full-time students and employment is encouraged as an important factor in gaining autonomy and experience.

Yes. Those specifically interested in working in the public sector should check with DOATAP/CNRED about the recognition of their degree.

It depends on the chosen programme and the country, but it usually takes 3-4 years to complete a Bachelor degree and 1-2 years for a Master programme.

During your studies you can either live in the University campus or in a private accomondation. For bachelor students it is highly advisable to live on campus at least during their first year of studies. We will help you by providing reliable information on student housing but you will have to fill out the accommodation application yourself as it is mostly preferential information.

The UK Government and British universities have confirmed that students starting their studies in September 2020 will benefit from exactly the same tuition fees and funding opportunities, throughout their entire academic cycle. We are yet to receive official confirmations for the following intakes.

No, we do not have the capacity to offer counselling for employment, but all international universities have job centres where you can start the search from.

Entry requirements

Most international universities do not require Panhellenics, but there are some exceptions and some undergraduate programs may require Panhellenics. If you didn’t take/don’t intend to sit Panhellenics, make sure to ask your EDMUNDO Counsellor to help you select only universities that do not have this requirement.

In some cases you can, especially if you apply for a so-called conversion Master, which does not require a specific academic background or for a Pre-Master, which prepares students for direct progression onto the chosen Master.

Yes, in the UK there is a specific type of program called Foundation, which is ideal for students that have lower grades so that they can progress to the Bachelor program of their preference. Some universities lay smaller emphasis on grades, rather on the entire application is taken into account.

English is the only language requirement for English – taught programmes regardless of the chosen country. Or course it is encouraged to also learn the language of the country you will study in, but it is not a pre-requisite for graduation or employment.

Entry requirements are different for each country, university and study programme but they usually refer to obtaining a specific grade in your final exam, having a relevant academic background and succeeding in an accepted English exam.

No, if you have EU citizenship you do not need a student visa for countries that belong to the European Union.

Yes, but if the university has such exams as entry requirements, you will have to sit the exams and submit your results later. However, not all universities require these exams and your EDMUNDO counsellor will inform you about any existing entry exams.

It depends on the chosen University. Generally, IELTS or CAE are the best choices as they are accepted by all universities but most universities accept a wide range of English exams, including online tests that are free of charge or even your English grade in Apolytirion. Ask your EDMUNDO counsellor what English tests your chosen university accepts and read more about CAE, IELTS, TOEFL and other alternatives in this article:

Yes, but your admission greatly depends on having studied modules that are highly relevant for the chosen programme, namely on having an academic background that is roughly 80% similar to the programme in which you want to transfer.

Most universities do not require additional tests, admission being based on your final high school/university degree. However, there are some exceptions, for example medicine courses generally require a separate admissions test and some Business-related master programmes might require GMAT/GRE. Your counsellor will inform you if your chosen universities have additional requirements.

If you meet the entry requirements, you do not need to study a foundation degree as this is preparatory year designed only for students with lower high-school grades than the university requirements! Take into account that if you meet the academic requirements, the foundation year will not be competitive enough for you, while also having to pay an extra full year of tuition fees and cost of living and delaying your graduation year. Don’t be discouraged by educational agencies trying to promote their own foundation year as being mandatory or highly recommended for studies in the UK, as it is not and this information can be confirmed with our 80 British partner universities.
On the other hand, if you do not meet the academic requirements, a foundation degree is a must before progressing to a bachelor programme, in order for the university to make sure you have reached the required level for admission.
Ask an EDMUNDO Counsellor about your eligibility to your chosen universities and make an informed decision.

Student funding

Applications for student funding are submitted after the student has received conditional or unconditional admission to the international university, therefore the first step is always the application for admission to university.

If you have EU citizenship you are generally eligible for Student Loans. Certain countries such as the UK also require applicants to have resided in an EU-member country al least 3 years before starting courses, to be under 60 years old and not to have obtained another diploma in the same academic cycle.

A student’s cost of life is made up from accommodation costs and the rest of the expenses. Accommodation prices vary greatly from country to country and from city to city and they are also influenced by the type of accommodation: campus vs private and single vs shared room, each with their pros and cons. Accommodation costs start from 200EUR/month for a shared room and go up to 600EUR/month and higher depending on city and location for a private studio.
The rest of the expenses will also vary depending on the city where the university is located, the general rule being the bigger the city the higher the costs. Another important variable takes into account whether you will cook for yourself or if you prefer eating out, which definitely raises costs. The proximity to the university is also an aspect to take in to account, as this will influence the costs related to transport.
Taking all of the above into account, the rest of the expenses can vary from 300EUR/month to 500EUR/month.

The govermental loan will not become effective before you enrol as a student so all you need to do is inform the loan provider about your decision.

If you decide to leave university and you have taken a governmental loan, you will still need to pay back the sum that you or the university received as part for the loan for a semester, a year or more (depending on when you decide to cease your studies) but repayment follows the same principles, namely your earning over the average income in the country where you will live.

Repayment follows the same income-based principle, just that the income threshold is different according to the average income in each country, so you will still have to earn more than the threshold in order to start repaying.

Scholarships are awarded either based on merit or on family income. The first category can either be awarded automatically based on your final grade or after a selection process usually implying writing a letter of motivation and filling out an online application. For social scholarships awarded based on family income, you will need to provide official proof of your family income in the last year(s). Ask your EDMUNDO counsellor what scholarships do your universities of interest offer.

Even though there are countries that have no tuition fees for EU students, such as Denmark or Sweden, you will still have to pay for your accommodation and all other living costs. Ask your counsellor where it would be the most affordable for you to study.

Get in touch with an EDMUNDO counsellor

We encourage you to contact us to find out more information about your opportunities to study abroad. We try to answer every request for information in maximum 2 working days. For meetings we kindly ask you to schedule an appointment by using the contact form or by calling us to ensure that one of our counsellors will be available at the time of your visit.